Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Notice about "digitalResearcher"

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Hello "readers" of my digitalResearcher blog!  I am currently in the process of creating this blog, yet quite anxious to share with you information on our "Digital World." I will be adding posts quite frequently, almost daily.  Currently I am working on creating some manageable navigation bars, and also adding a feature for you to sign up and subscribe -- for free of course -- to my blog posts. I will be developing also an "About Me" tab, so that you can obtain more details on the focus of my blog.  Essentially in a nutshell, I will be sharing information with you on Digital resources and information.  There will be a strong focus on the fields of education and research.  As I believe in an "open source" and an "open access" philosophy, --meaning not just in terms of software but also in terms of sharing information, the majority if not all of my posts will provide information on resources that are "free" for online access.  Today, for example, and frequently overall, I will be posting information on a "Digital Resource."  This information will also be headed as such in the title of the post.  In the near future, I will add a tab called "Digital Resource" where you can access this information more rapidly, rather than having to sift through the blog posts.

Please note, for now, that I am an academic professional -- a college professor -- who believes firmly in crediting the source of my material properly.  As needed I will embrace citation methods -- the standards -- and/or most likely a commonly used method of placing in quotation marks information obtained from an online source or fellow researcher, colleague, expert, etc.  That source will be named and the URL for that source will be included, typically below the information.  I ask that you do the same, when quoting or passing on information from my blog.  In the meantime, please stay tuned.  I guarantee that if you are interested in one place to go for information on our "Digital World" that this is a place you will want to embrace.

my best,  
elizabeth carney

No comments:

Post a Comment